Yesterday was Equal Pay Day in the United States. And you probably didn’t read any posts proclaiming HAPPY EQUAL PAY DAY!
Because there’s still a large earning gap as the meme shows: Women only earn $.77 to a man’s $1.00. Sadly, the gap continues as it will take working mothers six months longer to earn the same amount as working fathers.
So what can you, a heart-centered visionary woman do? Here are 5 inspired actions to take:
1) Tell-a-Vision: Share the new story of what you see happening in your community, state, and world for equal pay. Write a post or blog about this important topic today.
2) Vote: Mindfully choose your elected officials who represent your views. Check their voting records.
3) Research: Find out what your vendors pay men and women and support only those who practice equal pay for equal work. Do the same for the places you spend your hard-earned money! Vote with your wallet.
4) Pray: Take a moment to pause and pray for the leaders and decision makers who can make equal pay a reality to act now with courageous conviction.
5) Gratitude: Express your appreciation for the people and places you know practice the principles of equal pay for equal work. Handwritten notes are like gold–they are truly unwrapped gifts!
Remember, money is an expression of spiritual energy being exchanged. Let all who determine the amount of money paid for a woman’s work, experience an open heart and take inspired action to ensure it is equal, fair, and just.